This course is designed for ages 16-18. This qualification will allow you to prepare for a career in the uniformed public services.
Students will gain an understanding of this industry in general and an insight into the various career options available to them. We have close links with the Police Force, Fire Service, Military and other public sector organisations.
Students will also take part in practical team building exercises and leadership activities, which include visits to the services.
The course will also include study visits, residentials and enrichment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma (Merit) or equivalent
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Custodial Care Services
- Aspects of the Legal System and the Law Making Process
- Exercise Health and Lifestyle
You will be assessed via:
- Practical activity
- Study visits
- Team building
This course will lead to employment within the uniformed public services, business sector or a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Public Services.