This course is designed for 19+ adults.
The YMCA Diploma in Exercise and Fitness Instructing Level 2 qualifications aims to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and competence they need to follow a career as an exercise and fitness instructor across a number of disciplines within the Health and Fitness Industry.
It is also suitable for those wishing to use the qualification as a platform to progress to further learning within the Exercise and Fitness Sector.
Course fee: £974.00. You may be eligible to study this course for free or access financial support.
This course will lead to:
- YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Practitioner)
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 and above including maths and English.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Anatomy & physiology
- Lifestyle management and health awareness
- Principles of planning and delivering group exercise
- Working in the community to promote and deliver physical activity programmes
You will be assessed via:
- Work experience
- Practical sessions