This course is designed for 19+ adults.
This qualification will allow you to enter the Health and Fitness Industry as a gym instructor.
This course will run for 24 weeks, two evenings a week from 6-9pm. Days to be confirmed.
This course will lead to:
- YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- YMCA Level 3 Award in Business skills for the fitness professional
- Apprenticeship in exercise and fitness
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Some experience of gym-based exercise
- English and maths Level 2 at Grade 4 (C) or above
This course consists of the following modules:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Customer experience
- Lifestyle management and health awareness
- Programme planning and preparation
- Programme delivery and professional instruction
You will be assessed via a combination of:
- Practical assessment
- Multiple choice theory paper