This course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will allow you to develop your knowledge and skills in preparation for working in the Sport and Leisure Industry or pursuing a level 2 Sports course.
Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from our academy coaches as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
Selected students will have the opportunity to represent Waltham Forest College at intercollege football competitions.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSE's at grades 2 (E) including English and Maths, or a relevant Level 1 qualification
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Anatomy & Physiology for Sports Performance
- Practical Sports Performance
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise
- Lifestyle & Wellbeing
- Injury and the Sports Performer
- Promotion and Sponsorship in Sport
- Leading Sports Activities
- Sport and the Active Leisure Industry
You will be assessed via:
This course will lead to potential progression onto a level 3 programme of study or possible employment opportunities in the sports and leisure sector.