This course is designed for students aged 16-19 and 19+ Adults. This qualification will allow you to develop your knowledge of the health and fitness industry and an introductory level.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSE's at grade D(3) including English and Maths or a relevant Level 1 qualification
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Participating in Sport
- Introduction to health, exercise and nutrition
- Physical fitness and injuries in sport
- Sports Coaching
- Understanding business in sport
- Preparing to work in the sport and leisure industry
- Sports volunteering
You will be assessed via:
This course can will lead to work in this sector or alternatively progression onto a level 3 Sports programme.