This course is designed for 16-19. This qualification will allow you to study sports and leisure in a professional vocational sports setting based at Leyton Orient Football Club and the Score Sports Complex.
This Diploma is designed to equip you with the necessary skills for a career within the Sports Industry.
Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from Leyton Orient Trust as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and Maths Grade 2 (E) or above
- Pass/Merit in a relevant Level 1 qualification
- Initial assessment minimum Entry 3 English
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Physical Fitness and Injuries in Sport
- Participating in Sport
- Plan, Deliver and Evaluate an Activity Session
- Planning and Running a Sport Event
- Preparing to Work in the Sport and Leisure Industry
- Understanding Business in Sport
- Introduction to Healthy Exercise and Nutrition
You will be assessed via:<br><br><br>
- Practical skills
- Fitness levels
- Theory internal assessments
This course will lead to employment within the Sports and Leisure industry, progression to the Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport or Level 3 Sports Apprenticeship.