This course is designed for 16-19. This qualification will allow you to study sports and leisure in a professional vocational sports setting based at Leyton Orient Football Club and the Score Sports Complex.
This Diploma is designed to equip you with the necessary skills for a career within the Sports Industry.
Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from Leyton Orient Trust as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English and Maths Grade 3 (D) or above
- Merit in a relevant Level 2 qualification
- Initial Assessment Minimum Level 1 English/Maths
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
- Physiology of Fitness
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Individual Sport
- Sports Development
- Assessing Risk in Sports
You will be assessed via:
- Practical skills
- Fitness levels
- Theory internal assessment
This course will lead to employment within the Sports and Leisure industry, progression to the Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Sport or Level 3 Sports Apprenticeship.