This course is designed for ages 16-19 and continues on from the Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport. This qualification will allow you to continue studying Sports and Leisure in a professional vocational sports setting based at Leyton Orient Football Club and the Score Sports Complex.
It is designed to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills for university entry to pursue a career within the Sports industry.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- An overall merit grade from the Subsidiary Diploma in Sport
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English or Maths Grade 3 (D) or above
- Diploma in Sport course
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Practical Team Sports
- Leadership in Sport
- Technical & Tactical Skills in Sport
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports as a Business
- Organising Sports Events
You will be assessed via:
- Practical skills
- Fitness levels
- Theory internal assessment
This course will lead to employment within the Sports and Leisure industry, Degree Level Sports Apprenticeship or University/Higher Education College- HND/Foundation Degrees/Degrees in Sport e.g. PE Teaching, Sports Science, Sports Psychology, Sport Business, Sports Therapy or Sports Coaching.