This course is for ages 16-19 and 19+ Adults, who wish to gain an in depth knowledge of the sport and leisure industry.
This qualification will allow you to progress onto the second year of the level 3 course or gain employment opportunities within the sport and leisure industry.
Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from our academy coaches as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
Selected students will have the opportunity to represent Waltham Forest College at intercollege football competitions.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSE's at grade 4 (C) or above including English and Maths or Merit in a relevant Level 2 qualification
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Practical Individual Sport
- Sports Development
- Fitness Training and Programming
You will be assessed via:
- Practical assessment
This course will lead to university or for a career within the sports industry.