This course is designed for ages 16-19. This course is ideal for those who want to pursue the academic study of sport. You will learn about different aspects of the study of Sport, from detailed anatomy and physiology to fitness testing and the organisation and development of sport.
We have high success rates, in line with national averages and access to excellent sports facilities.
- An overall merit grade from a Level 2 Sports course
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English or Maths
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Practical Individual Sport
- Sports Development
- Training and Fitness Programming
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Nutrition
You will be assessed via:
- Practical assessment
This course will lead to the equivalent of 3 A-levels and a wide range of university courses such as PE teaching, Sports Science, Physiotherapy. Alternatively students may wish to pursue employment in the sports industry.