This course is designed for 16-19 year olds.
The YMCA Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure Level 1 qualification aims to introduce learners of varying abilities to the Sport and Active Leisure Industry.
In addition, learners will discover how the body works and improve their own health through the use of exercise and exercise programmes.
Learners will also explore a variety of job and career opportunities within sports and active leisure.
This course will lead to:
- YMCA Level 2 Diploma in Exercise and Fitness Instruction
- Employment in the Sports Sector
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at grade 1-2 and above including maths and English
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- How the body works
- Taking part in exercise and fitness
- Planning own fitness programme
- Managing your health at work
- Job opportunities in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
You will be assessed via:
- Work experience
- Practical sessions