This course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will allow you to develop your knowledge and skills in preparation for working in the Sport and Leisure Industry or pursuing a level 2 Sports course.
Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from our academy coaches as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
Selected students will have the opportunity to represent Waltham Forest College at intercollege football competitions.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GSCE's at grade 1 (G) or above including English and Maths
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Functions of the Skeletal, Muscular and Cardio-respiratory Systems
- Requirements of a Healthy Diet
- Different Exercise and Fitness Ativities and Facilities
- The workplace; Risks and Hazards, Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Physical Activities for Children and the Role of the Adult
- How to Support a Leader of a Sports or Active Leisure Activity
You will be assessed via:
- Portfolio of evidence
- Observed performance
- Task based controlled assessment
- Performance in the workplace
This course will lead to students being able to make informed choices about progression onto a level 2 sports course or whether to gain employment in the sports and leisure sector.