This course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will allow you to study sports and leisure in a professional vocational sports setting based at Leyton Orient Football Club and the Score Sports Complex.
This Diploma is designed to equip you with the necessary skills for a career within the Sports Industry.
Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from Leyton Orient Trust as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
The entry requirements for this course are:<br><br><br>
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 1-2 (E-G) including English and Maths
- Initial assessment minimum Entry 3 English
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- How the body works
- Taking Part in Sport, Exercise and Fitness
- Planning your own Fitness Program
- Planning and Leading a Sports Activity
- Safe Learning in the Workplace
- Job Opportunities/Working in Sport and Active Leisure
- Carrying out an Individual Project/Working in a Team
You will be assessed via:
- Practical skills
- Fitness levels
- Theory internal assessments
This course will lead to employment within the Sports and Leisure industry, progression to the Level 2 Diploma in Sport or Level 2 Sports Apprenticeship.