This course is designed for ages 16-19 and 19+ adults.
The qualification will allow you to seek, gain and retain employment or progress to further or higher education.
As a part of this course, you will develop key skills required for employment including English and maths.
This course is studied over 3 months. You are expected to engage in 11 hours of learning over 2 days per week. Your course consists of the following:
• Group and 1:1 Tutorials
• Core unit sessions
• English and maths sessions
Successful completion of this course can lead you to one of the following progression routes:
• Prince’s Trust Team Programme (ages 16-25)
• Level 2 or 3 study programmes
The entry requirements for this course are:
• There are no specific entry requirements for this course
• You will be required to attend an informal interview which will include completing English and maths diagnostic assessments
You be given the opportunity to study Functional Skills English and maths alongside your course. The level of your English and maths enrolment will be determined by your prior qualifications and diagnostic assessment outcomes.
This course consists of the following core units:
• Career planning and making applications
• Effective skills, qualities and attitudes for learning and work
• Searching for a job
• Preparing for and learning from interviews health & safety in construction
• Managing your time
• Being safe and healthy at work
• Understanding conflict at work
• Personal development skills
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme, an online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
Level 1 Certificate in Developing Employability Skills
• 100% portfolio assessment including presentations, group work and role plays
Successful completion of Level 1 Certificate in Developing Employability Skills course will give you an opportunity to achieve a Pass grade at Level 1.
Functional Skills English:
• Speaking, listening and communication (in-class discussion assessment)
• Reading (onscreen or paper-based assessment)
• Writing (onscreen or paper-based assessment)
Functional Skills Maths:
• Test (onscreen or paper-based assessment)
You will receive 1:1 and group support from your tutor and lecturers throughout the course.