The Education and Childcare T-Level is a Level 3 course designed for students aged 16-18 who are looking towards a career in the Education and Childcare or Early Years Sectors.
Career options might include:
- Nursery worker
- Teaching assistant
- Learning mentor
- Special educational needs teaching assistant
- And many more
You will study this course for 2 years.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 9 to 4 (A*-C), or equivalent including English and ideally maths*
- Or successful completion of the Education and Childcare T-Level Transition Programme.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
As part of this programme an enhanced DBS check will be required for placement and as an industry requirement (provided by the College).
Please ensure correct information on any convictions is recorded on your course application so we can discuss this with you.
*Learners without a Grade 9 to 4 in GCSE maths will be expected to study and achieve this alongside their T-Level as part of their programme.
Where entry requirements have not been achieved, students may be referred to the T-Level Transition Programme.
This course consists of the following modules:
All students will develop a general understanding of:
- Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- Child development
- How to support children and young people’s education
- Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Observing and assessing children and young people
- Equality and diversity
- Special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- Working with parents, carers and wider families
- Working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- Reflective practice and other forms of professional development
Early Years Educator specialism:
- Plan play, learning or educational activities for children and young people within a specific age range.
- Prepare environments for children and young people’s play, learning and educational activities.
- Observe children and young people’s learning and development within a specific age range.
All students must complete a minimum of 21 weeks working with an employer(s) on an industry placement.
You will be assessed using a range of methods including:
- Mandatory Written exams
- Industry placement & journal
- Witness testimony
- Personal statements