This 2-year course is designed for 16-18 year olds who want to pursue a career in the Media Broadcast and Production Industries.
Learn more about T-Levels.
From this qualification you can progress onto university, apprenticeship or employment, leading to roles such as Studio Sound Engineer, Audio Visual Technician, Live Sound Engineer, TV or Film Sound Technician, Stagehand, TV or Film Production Assistant, TV or Film Director, Video Editor, Media Researcher, TV or Film Camera Operator, to name a few.
This course will lead to:
- University Degree
- Higher level courses such as HND
- Higher-level apprenticeship
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at grades 4+ (A*-C), or equivalent including English and maths
Where entry requirements have not been achieved, students may be referred to the Media T-Level Transition Programme.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
Consideration may be given if only one GCSE English or maths is at grade 4. This will depend on other subject grades and with the expectation the other subject, either English or maths, will be achieved at grade 4+ before completion of the T-Level. This will form part of the interview and assessment process.
This course consists of the following modules:
All students will develop a general understanding of:
- The creative economy
- The individual in the creative industries
- Cultural context and vocabulary
- Audience and consumer needs
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Professional standards and conduct in the workplace
- Equality, diversity and inclusion requirements
- Research skills
- Project methodology and administration
- Continued professional development
Specialisms (optional route):
- Creative media technician
- Events and venues technician
- Content creation and production
- All students must complete a minimum of 45 days working with an employer(s) on an industry placement.
You will be assessed via:
- Work placement/journal
- Witness testimony
- Personal statements