The Media - Content Creation and Production T-Level is a Level 3 course designed for students aged 16-18 who are looking towards a career in the Media Broadcast and Production Industries.
Career options might include:
- TV or film sound technician
- TV or film production assistant
- TV or film director
- Video editor
- Media researcher
- TV or film camera operator
- And many more
You will study this course for 2 years.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 9 to 4 (A*-C), or equivalent including English and maths* and, ideally, a creative subject.
- Or successful completion of the Creative - T-Level Transition Programme.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
Where entry requirements have not been achieved, students may be referred to the T-Level Transition Programme.
*Consideration may be given if only one (English or maths) is achieved, depending on other subject grades and with the expectation the other subject (English or maths) will be achieved at 9-4 before completing the T-Level. This will form part of the interview and assessment process.
This course consists of the following modules:
All students will develop a general understanding of:
- The creative economy
- The individual in the Creative Industries
- Cultural context and vocabulary
- Audience and consumer needs
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Professional standards and conduct in the workplace
- Equality, diversity and inclusion requirements
- Research skills
- Project methodology and administration
- Continued professional development
- Content creation using sound and visual effects
- Postproduction editing
All students must complete a minimum of 9 weeks working with an employer(s) on an industry placement.
You will be assessed using a range of methods including:
- Mandatory written exams
- Syntomic Assignments
- Industry placement and journal
- Employer set projects
- Witness testimony
- Personal statements