This course is designed as a transition programme for students aged 16-18 who are wanting to progress onto the Building Services Engineering - Electrical and Plumbing - T-Level, and for anyone who is lookingto start a career in a range of construction occupations.
- Career options might include:
- Engineering maintenance
- Construction technician
- Building and services engineer
- Smart meter installer
- And many more
You will study this course for 1 year.
This course will lead to progression onto the Building Services Engineering - Electrical and Plumbing T-Level.
On successful progression and achievement of the T-Level it can lead to progression to higher level courses such as an HND, higher-level apprenticeship, university degree or employment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 9 to 4 (A*-C) including English or maths* or equivalent qualification.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
*You will be expected to complete the Transition Programme while achieving a Grade 4 in English and Grade 5 in maths to be able to progress onto the Building Services Engineering - Electrical and Plumbing - T-Level.
This course consists of the following elements:
- Plan for the approval of sustainable construction projects
- Design sustainable construction projects
- Apply technical skills to a sustainable construction project
- English, maths and digital skills
- Work experience with an employer(s) on an industry placement
As part of your programme, you will learn and complete the Health & Safety requirements to be able to obtain a CSCS/ESC card that is an industry requirement to enter sites (provided by the College).
You will be assessed using a range of methods including:
- Work placement/journal
- Witness testimony
- Personal statements