This course is designed as a transition programme for students aged 16-18 who are wanting to progress onto the Health T-Level, and for anyone who is looking to start a career in a range of health and healthcare occupations.
Career options might include:
- Ambulance care assistance
- Care worker
- Emergency care assistant
- Healthcare assistant
- Palliative care assistant
- Dental nurse
- And many more
You will study this course for 1 year.
This course will lead to progression onto the Health T-Level
On successful progression and achievement of the T-Level it can lead to progression to higher level courses such as an HND, higher-level apprenticeship, university degree or employment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 9 to 4 (A*-C) including English and, ideally, maths and science* or equivalent
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
*Consideration may be given if only English has been achieved, depending on other subject grades and with the expectation that maths and science will be achieved at 9-4 before completing the T-Level Transition Programme. This will form part of the interview and assessment process.
This course consists of the following elements:
- Apply knowledge and understanding of scientific principles and concepts
- Prepare for health, healthcare science and science activities Outcome
- Apply practical skills to perform health and healthcare science activities
- Interpret health and science data
- English, maths, science and digital skills
- Work experience with an employer/s on an industry placement.
You will be assessed using a range of methods including:
- Work placement/journal
- Witness testimony
- Personal statements