This course is designed for 19+ Adults.
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is a teaching qualification which has a teaching/training practice requirement.
It is an in-service qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England.
It may be possible for pre-service teachers/trainers (defined as those who are not formally contracted as teachers/trainers) to also complete this qualification.
All candidates, whether pre-service or in-service must have access to 100 hours of teaching.
The qualification allows candidates to progress into employment as teachers/trainers or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
• Professional recognition qualifications
• Level 5 Diplomas in specialist teaching
The entry requirements for this course are:
• You must hold a Level 2 or equivalent in maths and English
• You must hold a minimum of a Level 3 in the subject you want to teach which you need to evidence by showing relevant certificates.
• You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
• Roles and responsibilities of a tutor
• Teaching, learning and assessment
• Policies and procedures
• Developing resources
• Quality assurance
You will be assessed via:
• Written assignments
• Demonstrating practical skills in 8 sessions observed by tutor
• Completion of portfolio
• Completion of teaching log