This course is designed for 19+ Adults].
This qualification will allow you to The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is a teaching qualification which has a teaching/training practice requirement.
- It is an in service qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England. It may be possible for pre-service teachers/trainers (defined as those who are not formally contracted as teachers/trainers) to also complete this qualification.
All candidates, whether pre-service or in-service must have access to 100 hours of teaching.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must hold a Level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths
- You must hold a minimum of a Level 3 in the subject you want to teach in which you need to evidence by showing relevant certificates.
- You will need to successfully complete an interview and a short initial assessment.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
four mandatory units and three optional including
- Roles and responsibilities of a tutor
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Policies and procedures
- Developing resources
- Quality assurance
You will be assessed via:
- Written assignments
- Demonstrating practical skills in 8 sessions observed by tutor
- Completion of portfolio
- Completion of teaching log
This course will lead to
The qualification allows candidates to progress into employment as teachers/trainers or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
Professional recognition qualifications
Level 5 Diplomas in specialist teaching