This course is designed for 19+ Adult teachers or trainers working or seeking work in the lifelong learning sector who wish to obtain QTLS (Qualified Teacher, Learning and Skills) status.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Experience and a qualification in the subject you intend to teach at a minimum of Level 3
- Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2
- Access to teaching in a full teacher role in the lifelong learning sector for at least 100 hours
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Planning and enabling learning
- Theories and principles for planning and enabling learning
- Managing and responding to behaviours in the learning environment (optional unit)
- Continuing personal and professional development
You will be assessed via:
- Teaching observation
This course will lead to you working towards QTLS status after successfully completing the course.