This course is designed for 19+ adults.
This qualification is pre-service or in-service and is aimed at candidates who would like an introduction to teaching, training, and/or tutoring in the Lifelong Learning Sector (14+ to 19 and adults age groups).
This course will lead to:
• This course will lead to a Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) or
• Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS).
The entry requirements for this course are:
• You must hold a minimum of a Level 3 in the subject you want to teach which you need to evidence by showing relevant certificates.
• You also need to have studied to Level 2 in English and maths. Certificates to level 2 or GCSE grade 9 (A*) to 4 (C) are preferable.
• You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
The course consists of the following modules:
• The role of the tutor and the interrelationships with other professionals
• Referral systems
• The characteristics and aspirations of the adult learner
• Methods and resources used in adult classes
You will be assessed via:
• Written assignments
• 4 journals at the end of each assignment
• Micro-teaching for 20 mins (self-evaluation, tutor observation and peer assessment)