This course is designed for 19+ Adults who wish to work in the lifelong learning sector as a teacher, trainer or associate teacher or technician. This course will form part of the DTLLS (Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector). It may be taken as a separate course.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- A Level 3 qualification and/or relevant experience in the subject you intend to teach
- Minimum Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
The course consists of the following modules:
- The role of the tutor and the interrelationships with other professionals
- Referral systems
- The characteristics and aspirations of the adult learner
- Methods and resources used in adult classes
You will be assessed via:
- Written assignments
- 4 journals at the end of each assignment
- Micro-teaching for 20 mins (self-evaluation, tutor observation and peer assessment)
This course will lead to a Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) or Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS).