This course is designed for 19+ adults who would like to work or already work in a primary or secondary school, as a teaching or learning support assistant and who are seeking professional accreditation for their specialist skills.
This course will lead to:
• Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Certificate Level 3.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• Finding work placement in a school for a minimum of one day per week for the whole year on a voluntary basis (if you are not already working in a school)
• You also need to have a DBS enhanced disclosure
• You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
• Child development
• Schools as an organisation
You will be assessed via:
• Teaching observations