This course is designed for 16-19 year olds.
This qualification is designed for learners who want to go on to further learning at Level 3 or into a relevant travel and tourism role.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 2 (E) or above including English & Maths
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules
- Customer Service in travel & tourism
- The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
- Travel and tourism destinations
- Promotion in travel & tourism
- UK purpose-built visitor attractions
- Understanding package holidays
- Travel agency operations
- Hospitality in travel and tourism
- Organising an event
- Introduction to guided tours
- Impact of travel & tourism provision on a host community
- Tourism in a popular UK region
- Airports and airlines
- Career planning for travel & tourism
- Work Experience in travel & tourism
- UK coastal tourism
- Heritage and cultural tourism
- UK rural tourism
- Understanding specialist tourism
- Enterprise in tourism
You will be assessed via:
- A variety of methods for students to demonstrate their skills and knowledge through a portfolio of evidence.