This qualification is suitable for learners interested in working in travel and tourism and especially in planning events. It provides an overview of the skills required for successful event planning and organisation.
Your progression from this qualification will be the below pathways:
- Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the travel and tourism and event planning industry.
- Level 3 Introductory Diploma in Travel and Tourism
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grades 2 (E) or above including English & maths
- Interview and assessment
The event planning section consists of the following modules:
- Planning an event
- Event review and evaluation
- Market research and marketing methods in event planning
- Human resource planning at events
- Communication and customer service at events
The travel and tourism section consists of the following modules:
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- The UK travel and tourism industry
- Travel and tourism destinations
- Promotion in travel and tourism
You will be assessed through:
- Practical individual and teamwork projects.