This course is designed for 16-19-year olds.
The qualification is designed for learners who want to go on to higher level studies or into a relevant travel and tourism role
This is a two-year course for students who have the enthusiasm to work with people from all walks of life and possibly get the chance to travel as part of your job. Whether you would like to go straight to work within the industry or progress to higher education, this course can prepare you for both.
This course will lead to:
- Higher Education progression opportunities
This course will run for 1 year initially and after successful completion of year 1, students can then progress on to the Level 3 extended diploma for a further 1 year.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English and Maths
- Merit in a relevant level 2 qualification
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism destinations
- UK visitor attractions, tour operations, airports, heritage tourist attractions and the Passenger
- Transport Industry
- The UK conference and event industry
- Marketing for travel & tourism
- Resort representative roles and responsibilities
- Investigating airline cabin crew
- The cruise industry
- Responsible tourism
- Specialist tourism
- Business travel
You will be assessed via:
- A variety of methods for students to demonstrate their skills and knowledge through a portfolio of evidence.