This course is designed for ages 16-18. This qualification will allow you a host of careers opportunities available in the Travel and Tourism industry.
We have a team of qualified professional staff who will equip you with the necessary skills needed to succeed.
Students have the opportunity to participate in off-site visits to national locations. These are enjoyable activities, which are designed to help you with your coursework.
This course can lead to the BTEC 180 credit Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism (equivalent to 3 A' Levels), to a range of excellent degree courses at university, employment within the Travel & Tourism industry or Higher Apprenticeship.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English and Maths
• Merit in a relevant level 2 qualification
• Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
• The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
• Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
• Travel and Tourism Destinations
• UK Visitor Attractions, Tour Operations, Airports, Heritage Tourist Attractions and Passenger Transport Industry
• The UK Conference and Event Industry
• Marketing for Travel and Tourism
• Resort Representative Roles and Responsibilities
• Investigating Airline Cabin Crew
• The Cruise Industry
• Responsible Tourism
• Specialist Tourism
• Business Travel
You will be assessed via:
• A variety of methods for students to demonstrate their skills and knowledge through a portfolio of evidence