This course is designed for 16-19 year olds.
The Extended Diploma in Creative Practice: Art, Design and Communication Level 3 qualification will allow you to understand and become a creative practitioner in the Art and Design Industry.
There will be opportunity to work on a range of art and design briefs, which can lead students into an exciting range of career areas for example; graphic design, illustration, interior design, photography, digital art and media, architecture, fine art and crafts, curator, gallery technician, prop designer.
The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. All students are involved in setting up and exhibiting in the end of year exhibition.
This is a 2 year study programme scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Through tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
This course will lead to:
- BA (Hons) course in related subject at university
- Employment: This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in intermediate level roles in the Creative Industries sector.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including maths and English or Merit in relevant Level 2 qualification
- Portfolio of work
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Materials and techniques & processes
- Ideas, concepts and visual communication
- Contextual studies
- Painting, printmaking & graphic image making
- Surface pattern
- Observational drawing
You will be assessed via:
- Project based assignment briefs
- Final Major Project