This course is designed for 19+ Adults.
This qualification will allow you to develop the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life.
This course will lead to the Adult Literacy Entry Level 1 (Functional Skills), Adult Literacy Entry Level 2 (Functional Skills), Adult Literacy Entry Level 3 (Functional Skills), Adult Literacy Levels 1 and 2, GCSE English Language, higher education or employment.
The entry requirement for this course is:
• There is no entry requirment to hold a previous qualification in English
• You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
• Speaking, listening and communication
• Respond appropriately to others and make some extended contributions in familiar formal and informal discussions and exchanges
• Read and understand the purpose and content of straight forward texts that explain, inform and recount information
• Write texts with some adaptation to the intended audience
You will be assessed via:
• Speaking, listening and communication (in-class discussion assessment)
• Reading (on-screen or paper-based assessment)
• Writing (on-screen or paper-based assessment)