This course is designed for 19+ adults.
The NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (QCF) Level 2 qualification will allow you to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and experience required to become a professional junior stylist.
This course will lead to:
- Level 3 Hairdressing courses
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Satisfactory reference
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
There are several optional units which can be added to fulfil qualification requirements:
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Plait and twist hair
- Attach hair to enhance a style
- Relax hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Promote additional products and services to customers
You will be assessed via:
- Practical competence
You must be able to demonstrate consistent performance of a commercially acceptable standard of work, combined with written and oral competence in the subject studied.
- Continual assessment throughout the course
- Written assignments
- Written/online tests
- Portfolios of collated study evidence
Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially acceptable timescale.
In addition to timetabled classes, there is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes.