This course is designed for 19+ Adults who wish to work in the lifelong learning sector as a teacher, trainer or associate teacher or technician. This course will form part of the DTLLS (Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector). It may be taken as a separate course.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must hold a Level 2 in English and Maths
- You must hold a minimum of a Level 3 in the subject you want to teach in
which you need to evidence by showing relevant certificates.
- You also need to have studied to level 2 in English and maths. Certificates to level 2 or GCSE grade A* to C are preferable.
- You will need to successfully complete an interview and a short initial assessment.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- The role of the tutor and the interrelationships with other professionals
- Referral systems
- The characteristics and aspirations of the adult learner
- Methods and resources used in adult classes
- How to write a session plan
You will be assessed via:
- Written assignments
- Micro-teaching for 20 minutes (self-evaluation, tutor observation and peer assessment)
This course will lead to
- Progression pathway, subject to assessment and interview, Certificate in Education Level 4 (CET) and the Diploma in Education and Training (DET) course.