Waltham Forest College is committed to offering a careers service that is accessible to everyone. This will ensure that all students are fully equipped with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to operate confidently, effectively and independently in life and work. The College will offer a programme of high quality, impartial careers information, advice and guidance that is stable, structured and delivered by College staff equipped with the right skills and experience.
The College will ensure:
- All students access high quality, impartial careers information, advice and guidance from appropriately qualified staff to help clarify their aspirations for work, to understand the options open to them and to take control of and make informed decisions in terms of job and career change, training and promotion.
- All students will receive support to develop their skills and knowledge to enter the employment market, and to have confidence of the journey to take their place there.
- Young people will receive support to find suitable work placements or work experience to help develop the skills they need to enter the workplace and secure and sustain meaningful employment.
- All students will have the platform to receive tailored support, especially disadvantaged students
- Data and technology will be used to drive continuous improvements in careers delivery
Our Careers Advisors will support you throughout the admissions process from the moment you contact the College. The qualified team will offer high quality, impartial careers information, advice and guidance. When you are enrolled, career’s advice will continue in the form of:
- 1:1 Careers guidance appointments
- Careers and Employment Fairs
- Volunteering Fairs
- Higher Education Fairs
- Apprenticeship Fairs
- University visits
- CV Workshops
- Educational visits
- Personal Statement Sessions
- Student finance workshops
- Careers induction sessions
- National Careers Service Careers Advice
- Workshops delivered by staff who are vocational specialists
- External guest speakers bespoke to learning areas