This course is designed for 16-19-year olds.
Our Professional Cookery Diploma Level 3 course enables learners to develop their passion and interest for hospitality and culinary arts and enables our learners to either progress to Catering Level 4 or 5 courses in further or higher education or be ready for a career in the Catering Industry.
This course will lead to:
- Hospitality and Culinary Arts Level 4 and 5 with further education and university establishments.
- Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English and maths and Home economics or
- Level 2 Professional Cookery Diploma course or equivalent qualification.
Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Prepare meat for complex dishes
- Prepare poultry for complex dishes
- Cook and finish complex fish dishes
- Cook and finish complex meat dishes
- Cook and finish complex vegetable dishes
- Prepare cook and finish complex hot sauces
- Prepare cook and finish complex soups
- Prepare and cook and finish complex bread and dough products
- Prepare and cook and finish complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Prepare cook and finish complex pastry products
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the health hygiene safety and security of the working environment
You will be assessed via:
- Observation and knowledge questions
- Practical assessments and written assignments