This course provides you with a good understanding of a broad range of engineering areas including mechanical, electronic and computer-aided engineering. In particular, you will learn how to design engineering products and use cutting edge technology to produce prototypes.
You will be able to progress to an advanced apprenticeship in engineering or continue your studies in engineering on a degree or higher national course.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English, Maths and Science
• Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
• Engineering Principles
• Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
• Computer Aided Design in Engineering
• Additive Manufacturing Processes
Your course will be assessed via:
• You will complete a mix of assessments including assignments, projects and exams to demonstrate your understanding across the range of units you study