This course is designed for ages 16-19.
The BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Engineering Level 3 course provides you with a good understanding of a broad range of engineering areas including mechanical, electronic, and computer-aided engineering.
You will learn how to design engineering products and use cutting-edge technology to produce prototypes.
This course will lead to:
- Advanced apprenticeship in engineering
- Continue your studies in engineering on a degree or higher national course.
The entry requirements for this course are:
You must have completed the Engineering Level 2 course
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English, Maths and Science
- Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Engineering principles
- Engineering product design and manufacture
- Computer aided design in engineering
- Additive manufacturing processes
You will be assessed using a mix of theory and practical assessments which will be carried out to industry standards.
The assessment methods will be a mix of the below:
- Practical assessments
- Theory based assessments
- Online exams