This course is designed for 19+ adults.
Our level 3 Access to Higher Education: Nursing and Midwifery is designed to provide the aspiring Nurses and Midwives a route into Nursing or Midwifery degrees.
The course content focuses on the core knowledge and skills you need to successfully progress to study at degree level in your chosen subject. The teaching and learning methods will give you opportunities to develop transferable skills including:
- Problem solving
- Thinking and independent study skills
The course is one- years and scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
Your progression from this qualification will be to:
Higher education course including:
- Nursing (Mental Health)
- Nursing (Child)
- Degree Apprenticeships Nursing
- Health Studies
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must be aged 19+.
- GCSE Grade 4 (C) or above in both maths and English Language or Functional Skills Level 2 in both maths and English.
If you meet only one of the above qualification requirements then:
- You will be required to complete an assessment in the remaining qualification, which needs to be at least Level 1.
All applicants will be required to attend a formal interview to confirm the course is suitable for them.
You will study a wide range of units that will prepare you for study at University:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Safeguarding Children, Young People and/or Vulnerable Adults
- Care Principles
- An introduction to Health and Disease
- Sociology of Health
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed via:
• Group work
• Written assignments