This course is designed for anyone aged 19+ who are already working in health and social care. This can either be in a paid role or a voluntary capacity.
You may be eligible to study for free if you are aged 24+ and this is your first time studying a full Level 3 qualification.
This qualification will allow you to work within a variety of health and social care settings. It is the desired qualification for those in a senior role.
This course will lead to:
- Higher education qualification in Health and Social Care.
- Any of the short courses in health and social care
- Other career paths in the health and social care industry
The entry requirements for this course are:
- There are no formal entry requirements however a good level of written and spoken English is required.
- Agreement of applicant’s employer.
- Interview and assessment.
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Promoting communication
- Personal development
- Equality and inclusion
- Duty of care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Safeguarding and protection
- Promoting and implementing person-centred approaches
- Health and safety
- Handling information
There are then additional optional units which build the qualification to 58 credits. The optional units you choose are specific to your job role.
You will be assessed via:
- Workplace assessments and observations.
- Written assignments
- This course is a mixture of competence and knowledge units