Digital Production / Design & Development T Level Level 3 is designed for learners who aspire to work in the Software Production or Digital Industries.
You can progress into roles such as:
- Web developer
- Web designer
- Software developer technician
- Computer games developer
- Application developer
- Automated test developer
- Mobile app developer
- User experience (UX) designer
- Computer games tester
- And many more
Waltham Forest College is putting sustainability at the heart of everything that we do, and in this course, you will be made aware of practices that supports pollution prevention, ecosystem management and environmental protection. There will be an emphasis on the use, handling and storage of digital equipment and ensuring businesses use efficient technology systems to reduce their carbon footprint. All course work is digitally submitted and tutors' feedback electronically, reducing the amount of printing and paper being used.
The course is scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
In today's rapidly evolving digital landscape, IT plays a pivotal role in driving innovation, efficiency, and success across various industries.
In 2023 the UK tech sector was valued to have a combined market value of $1 trillion, the third country to reach the milestone. This makes the UK, and London in particular, a great place to start your digital career.
At Waltham Forest College, we offer a comprehensive range of digital information technology courses that provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in this dynamic field.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above, or equivalent, including English, maths and one humanities/computer science subject, or successfully completed and achieved the Digital T Level Transition Programme.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
Where entry requirements have not been achieved, students may be referred to the T Level Transition Programme.
What will I study?
This course consists of the following modules:
All students will develop a general understanding of:
- How digital technologies impact business
- The ethical and moral implications of digital technology
- Using data in software design
- Using digital technologies to analyse and solve problems
- Digital environments, including physical, virtual and cloud environments
- Emerging technical trends, such as internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), blockchain, 3D printing
- Legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
- The privacy and confidentiality of personal data
- The technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
- Planning digital projects
- Testing software, hardware and data
- Digital tools for project management and collaboration
- Analysing a problem to define requirements and acceptance criteria aligned to user needs
- Designing, implementing, and testing software
- Creating solutions
All students must complete a minimum of 9 weeks working with an employer/s on an industry placement.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed using a range of methods including:
- Written external exam
- Industry placement and journal
- Employer set project
- Witness testimony
- Personal statements
- synoptic assignments
To further enhance your progression, you will actively participate in skills competitions, such as the Big Idea Challenge and Skills London.
You will have opportunities to take part in trips and visits, such as the Information Technologies Conferences.
You will have access to key employers that will deliver guest lectures to build your industry knowledge and create your future, including those from NHS England.
All students must complete a minimum of 9 weeks working with an employer/s
on an industry placement.
Completion of the T Level course will allow you to progress onto:
- University degree
- Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Higher National Diploma
Waltham Forest College is a vibrant and aspirational college and will support you to reach your career aspirations. Last year 96% of learners progressed onto a positive destination either to higher levels of study, employment, or an Apprenticeship.