This course is designed for 16-18 year olds and 19+ adults
This course will give you current knowledge of BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 and ensure you have the understanding to fully comply with the industry required qualification for the 18th Edition Regulations.
This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IET Wiring Regulations.
It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate an understanding of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671).
The course runs for:
- 3 full days, 9am-5pm, or
- 1 evening a week for 7 weeks, 6pm-9pm
This course will lead to:
Or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (2392-10)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Building Regulations for Electrical
- Installation Contractors in Dwellings (2393-10)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Initial Verification (2391-50)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection (2391-51)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing (2391-52)
- City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering (4467-04)
The entry requirements for this course are:
- There are no formal entry requirements although candidates will require a basic knowledge of electrical installation and principles.
- You may be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following topics:
- Part 1: Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Part 2: Definitions
- Part 3: Assessment of general characteristics and earthing arrangements
- Part 4: Protection for safety
- Part 5: Selection and erection of equipment
- Part 6, Inspection and testing
- Part 7: Special installations or locations
- Part 8: Functional requirements
- Use of Appendices
You will be assessed via:
- Two-hour multiple-choice online examination that is externally set by City & Guilds (2382-22)