This course is designed for 16-19 year olds.
This course will allow you to work as a (entry level) creative in digital media design, game design, publishing, visual effects, advertising and marketing businesses.
This course will help you develop the abilities to work independently and in teams, to a client brief, to create original visual content for a range of digital media platforms.
This course is scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Through tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
This course will lead to:
- Transition to T Level in Creative and Design
- Level 3 course in media
- Level 3 apprenticeship
- This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in entry level roles in the Creative Industries Sector
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at 3 (D) or above including maths and English, or progression from a relevant Level 1 qualification
- Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Contextual references in art and design
- 2D visual communication
- 3D visual communication
- Using ideas to explore, develop and produce art and design
- Building an art and design portfolio
- Working in the art and design industry
- Working with graphic design briefs
- Working with interactive media
You will be assessed via:
- Project based assignment briefs
- Practical assessment