This course is designed for young people aged 16-18, or up to 24 with an EHCP who have Special Education Needs and/or a Learning Difficulty.
The focus is on transition to adulthood including independent living and employability pathways leading into paid or voluntary employment and the course links to the preparing for adulthood outcomes.
You may study from 1-3 years and will be in the College three days a week. You may be working at Pre-Entry Level to Entry Level 1.
You may have access to Speech and Language Therapy if this is stated in your EHCP.
This course will lead to:
- Entry 1 Programmes
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Pre-Entry or working towards Entry 1
The curriculum is designed to support learners to transition into adulthood and includes:
- Life Skills in our training kitchen and new flat
- Social/communication skills
- Employability skills
- Maths and English
- Citizenship and volunteering
Students are offered work experience and enrichment (interest activities) and are supported through regular tutorials.
You will be assessed via:
- Interview with parent/carer support
- A written task (If possible)
- Assessment of English and Math (If possible)
These are completed in a supportive and informal manner.