This course is designed for ages 16-19 and 19+ adults.
Our Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (QCF) Level 2 course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to access the Motor Vehicle Industry. Once you have completed your hands-on mechanics training, you will be industry ready.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve an IMI qualification. You will also receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
The course is scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical across the 2 years.
This course will lead to:
- Motor Vehicle Engineering, Level 3 *Year 3) at Waltham Forest College
- Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Must have completed the Level 1 in a relevant course
- Must have achieved both maths and English GCSEs to at least Grade 4. A science GCSE is also preferred
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and Safety / tool identification
- Diesel and petrol engines
- Electrical systems
- Engine cooling and lubrication systems
- Suspension and chassis
- Electrical auxiliary systems
- Removing and replacing chassis units and components
- Diagnosis and rectification of fuel injection and auxiliary systems
- Diagnosis and rectification of engine and chassis system faults
You will be assessed using a mix of theory and practical assessments which will be carried out to industry standards.
The assessment methods will be a mix of the below:
- Practical assessments
- Theory based assessments
- Online exams
If you intend to progress to Level 3 (Year 3)You will have a theory and practical exam at the end of Level 2 (Year 2) which will be linked to your suitability to progress.
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following three standards: