This course is for anyone who is 16, 17 or 18 years old who wants to improve their English speaking, listening, reading and writing.
If you are new to the UK or you only have entry level qualifications, then this course is for you.
This is a full-time course and you will be required to attend lessons 15 hours per week and do a work placement.
The course starts in September and ends in July.
You will need to come to college 3 half days and 1 full day every week for your lessons.
• A higher level ESOL course, a job or a vocational course
• No previous qualifications necessary.
• Before you start an ESOL course with us, we will test your English so we know which class is best for you.
• We will check your maths level after you start the course.
• In ESOL 16-18 you can study English from beginner to Level 1 and maths from beginner to GCSE.
• As well as English and maths you will learn all kinds of other skills to help you look after yourself in the UK and get ready for work.
• We offer a unique programme for our young ESOL students which includes sports, art, music, creative digital media, cooking, fashion and design.
• You will go on interesting and fun educational trips and do your choice of work experience - there will be something for everyone.
• In every class teachers will check your work and let you know how to improve.
• ESOL assessments in reading, writing, speaking and listening
• Edexcel Functional Skills Maths exams