This course is designed for ages 16-19.
The Diploma in Art, Design and Fashion Level 1 course provides a broad introductory year that will equip students to progress onto a Level 2 qualification in art, design, fashion or media.
Students will learn important skills of research, problem solving and working to a brief. There will be opportunities to work on art, design, fashion and digital media briefs.
The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. There is also a developing programme of artist/designer and employer talks, and opportunities for work experience, volunteering and live projects. All students are involved in setting up and exhibiting in the end of year exhibition.
Through tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
This course will lead to:
- Level 2 course in Art and Design, Fashion or Media
- Level 2 Apprenticeship
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSE at Grade 1 (G) or above including maths and English at Entry Level 3.
- Evidence of an interest in art, design, media and/or fashion and a commitment to the course are required.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Drawing & painting
- Digital design
- Mixed media
- 3D design crafts & fashion accessories
- Planning and running an enterprise activity
You will be assessed via:
- Project based assignment briefs with continued assessment
- Final Major Project