This course is designed for ages 16-19.
Students will learn important underpinning skills of research, problem solving and working to an art, design and fashion brief.
The Diploma in Art, Design and Fashion Level 2 course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. There is also a developing programme of artist/designer and employer talks, and opportunities for work experience, volunteering and live projects.
This is a Study Programme scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Through tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
This course will lead to:
- Transition to T Level in Creative and Design
- Level 3 course in art and design, fashion or media
- Level 3 apprenticeship
- This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in entry-level roles in the Creative Industries Sector.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including maths and English, or Progression from a relevant Level 1 qualification.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Creative problem solving
- 2D visual language
- 3D visual language
- Fashion and textiles
- Working in the art & design industry
- Using ideas to explore creative processes, skills and methods
- Develop and produce art & design outcomes
- Building an art & design portfolio
You will be assessed via:
- Project-based assignment briefs
- Final Major Project
- Practical assessment