This is the third year of a 3 year course after which you have the option of progressing into employment or university.
This course is designed for ages 16-19 and 19+ adults.
Our Motor Vehicle Engineering course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to access the Motor Vehicle Industry. Once you have completed your hands-on mechanics training, you will be industry ready.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve an IMI qualification. You will also receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
The course is scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical across the 2 years.
Your progression from this qualification will be either of the below pathways:
• Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment.
• University – You will be able to increase your skills through a specialist higher education course
The entry requirements for this course are:
• Year 3 – You must have completed Levels 1 and 2 (Years 1 and 2)
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
• Health and safety / tool identification
• Diesel and petrol engines
• Electrical systems
• Engine cooling and lubrication systems
• Suspension and chassis
• Electrical auxiliary systems
• Removing and replacing chassis units and components
• Diagnosis and rectification of fuel injection and auxiliary systems
• Diagnosis and rectification of engine and chassis system faults
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed using a mix of theory and practical assessments which will be carried out to industry standards.
The assessment methods will be a mix of the below:
• Practical assessments
• Theory based assessments
• Online exams
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following three standards: