This regulated qualification is for those wishing to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in the Installation and Commissioning of Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment in Domestic, Commercial and Industrial locations. The qualification has been designed in conjunction with the latest IET Code of Practice.
This qualification has been updated to BS7671:2018 Amendment 2 (2022) and current industry requirements.
The objective of this course is for delegates to demonstrate and understand the requirements of designing and installing EV charging points safely within Domestic and Commercial situations.
Course cost: £405
You will study over 12 hours (2 days) + Assessments.
The Electrical Sector is on the rise around the world and in the UK. Its strong links to a sustainable future have increased the variety and quantity of jobs on offer.
A skills shortage in the UK means over 50% of advertised vacancies within Electrical Installation are not being filled. This makes now the ideal time to get skilled and enter a career where the number of job opportunities is increasing.
Typical tasks for electricians can include, installing lighting and power systems, including maintenance on domestic and commercial premises. New housing developments, increases in infrastructure and new government policy means there are lots of opportunities related to sustainability such as solar panel systems and the UK's electric vehicle network. Our courses will prepare you for these challenges.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- This qualification is aimed at electricians working within domestic and/or non-domestic premises and they shall hold as a minimum;
- Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671 (current edition) and
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations or a combined award including Periodic Inspection & Testing
What will I study?
This course consists of the following modules:
- Know the key requirements for electric vehicle charging equipment (EVCE) installations
- Know and identify Equipment of, and differences between, the four charging modes, and Wireless Power Transfer types (WPT)
- Candidates will be able to understand the preparation for design and installation of EVCE. Be able to prepare to design and install EVCE
- Be able to install EVCE in Dwellings, Commercial and Industrial Locations
- Understand requirements for initial verification and handover of an EVCE installation
- Be able to conduct inspection and testing, and complete handover to client
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed via:
- Written tasks
- Online exam
- Practical tasks
Our Student Common Room is a great place to unwind and relax during your breaks. It features pool tables, table tennis, a gaming corner and lots of comfy sofas so you can refresh before your next lesson.
Themed events are held in the Common Room so you can get the best experience of being a Waltham Forest College student.
You will be offered opportunities to actively engage and take part in experiential events to improve your personal development.
Successful completion of the course will upskill you to work with the installation of electric vehicle charging points.
Waltham Forest College is a vibrant and aspirational college and will support you to reach your career aspirations. Last year 96% of learners progressed onto a positive destination either to higher levels of study, employment, or an Apprenticeship.