This course is designed for ages 16-19 and 19+ adults.
Our BTEC First Diploma in Engineering Level 2 course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to access the Engineering Industry. Once you have completed your hands-on training, you will be industry ready.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve an EAL qualification. You will also receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
The course is scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical across the 2 years.
19+ adults course fee: £993.50. You may be eligible to study this course for free or access financial support.
This course will lead to:
- Engineering, Level 3 at Waltham Forest College
- Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must have completed the Level 1 Engineering qualification
- 4 GCSEs Grade 4 (C) or above including maths and English, a science GCSE is also preferred
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carry out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Carry out routine servicing of mechanical equipment
- Carry out routine servicing of electrical and electronic equipment
- Maintaining and using mechanical devices and equipment such as lathes and mills
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- General maintenance
- Engineering applications
- Design using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software
- Engineering principles
- Engineering product design and manufacture
- CAD in Engineering
- Additive manufacturing processes
You will be assessed using a mix of theory and practical assessments which will be carried out to industry standards.
The assessment methods will be a mix of the below:
- Practical assessments
- Theory based assessments
- Online exams
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following three standards: