This course is designed for ages 16-19.
Students will learn important underpinning skills of research, problem solving and working to an art, design and media (fashion) brief.
The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. There is also a developing programme of artist/designer and employer talks, and opportunities for work experience, volunteering and live projects.
This is a study programme scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Through tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
Your progression from this qualification will be either of the below pathways:
• Level 3 course in art and design, fashion or media.
• Level 3 apprenticeship.
• This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in entry-level roles in the Creative Industries Sector.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• 4 GCSEs at 3 (D) or above including maths and English, or
• Progression from a relevant Level 1 qualification
• Interview and assessment.
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
This course consists of the following areas of study:
• Accessories and textiles
• 2D visual language
• 3D visual language
• Contextual references
• Building an art & design portfolio
• Working in the art & design industry
• Using ideas to explore
• Develop and produce art & design
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed via:
• Project-based assignment briefs
• Internal verifier
• Internal examining board
• External Examiner