This course is designed for 19+ adults.
The VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up qualification will prepare you for a career in the beauty therapy sector as a junior make-up consultant.
All the units in the qualification relates directly to the specific job role of a junior make-up consultant. To further enhance your practical skills, you will have the opportunity to choose from the following practical units: provide eyelash perming and how to display retail stock to promote sales in the salon. The course is scheduled for 1 day per/week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
Makeup Artistry: Makeup Artistry offers a range of different roles and opportunities in the UK. A makeup artist enhances the best features of each unique face. Makeup artists can work in many roles and settings in various industries, specialising in weddings, events, editorial & fashion, television, film, theatre, and more.
The entry requirements for this course are:
What will I study?
This course consists of the following modules:
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Apply make-up
- Instruction on make-up application
- Client care & communication
- Health & Safety
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed via:
- Continual assessment throughout the course
- Written assignments
- Written and online tests
- Portfolios of collated study evidence
- In addition to timetabled classes there is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes
To further enhance your progression, you will take part in trips and visits, such as Professional Beauty and Salon International. You will also have access to key employers that will deliver guest lectures to build your industry knowledge and create your future.
You will be offered opportunities to actively engage with industry related employers and take part in experiential events to improve your personal development.
The completion of this course will allow you to progress onto:
- NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Level 2
- Diploma in Fashion Photographic Make-Up Level 3
- Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-Up Level 3
Waltham Forest College is a vibrant and aspirational college and will support you to reach your career aspirations. Last year 96% of learners progressed onto a positive destination either to higher levels of study, employment, or an Apprenticeship.